FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS A BOOK COACH?
According to Bookcoachpro.com, a book coach is a professional who...
- Acts as a sounding board for creative ideas
- Guides the writer to reach their writing goals
- Acts as your accountability partner, cheerleader, editor, mentor, teacher, counselor and so much more.
- Helps you create an outline and road map for your project so you can stick to the goal with as few distractions as possible.
- Assists you in working through challenges that slow down your process.
- Can assist you with structure, voice, and content issues.
- Provides creative feedback and ensures you are on the right track to a solid draft.
- Offers an expert’s eye on your manuscript or document you are creating, helping you fine-tune it when needed.
- Serves as your mentor and cheerleader at any stage of the writing process – whether starting from scratch or preparing to publish.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU OFFER AS A BOOK COACH?
- I have written and self-published five books.
- I have a background in higher education where I advised, coached and mentoring students how to succeed in college.
- I helped students write and edit their resumes until they were ready to use for their first job interview.
- I have offered several workshops and seminars to help aspiring Chistian writers learn how to become Christian authors.
- I have a vast array of knowledge about the writing and publishing industry.
- I have served as a consultant to a number of Christian writers for over fifteen years.
- I helped a client publish his mother's manuscript by providing editing, cover design and publishing services.
WHAT SERVICES DO YOU OFFER AS A BOOK COACH?
I provide coaching services to help aspiring writers who are beginning the journey to write a book from the Christian perspective by offering coaching packages to help them create a structure for their book, and to create a plan for how to write it. I also provide accountability coaching as you write your book and self-publishing coaching when you are ready to publish your book.
DO YOU PROVIDE EDITING SERVICES?
I provide light editing services as part of my coaching package when you are writing your book. However, after your book is completed, you will receive a referral to an editor to provide the comprehensive developmental editing your book will need before it is ready to be published.
WHAT IS THE COST FOR YOUR BOOK COACHING SERVICES?
The packages and rates for my book coaching can be found on the following page of my website: https://writingforhim.org/book-coaching
DO YOU GUARANTEE MY BOOK WILL BE A BEST-SELLER IF I RECEIVE BOOK COACHING FROM YOU?
I cannot guarantee your book will be accepted for publication by a traditional publisher when completed and if will be a best-seller once published. I can only guarantee to offer you the best services I can offer to help you develop a structure for your book so you can begin writing it to completion.